60 Degree Gloss Meter for Measuring the Paint Surfaces Gloss
Surface gloss is part of the coating's appearance performance testing. Detecting the gloss of the paint surface can be measured using gloss meter at different angles. However, the 60 degree gloss meter is a relatively versatile instrument suitable for all paint measurements.
The appearance and performance test of the coating needs to be judged according to the appearance, the gloss, the thickness, the hardness, and the adhesion of the coating film. The coating surface gloss can be measured with a gloss meter at different angles.
Paints are classified into high-gloss, semi-gloss and matte gloss on the degree of gloss.
1. High-gloss means that the gloss is above 40GU, and most of the high-gloss paint belongs to enamel.
2. Semi-gloss generally refers to gloss between 20~40 GU. Semi-gloss paints are mostly indoor latex paints.
3. Matte gloss generally refers to gloss below 10GU, matt paint is generally a primer.
Refer to China's national standard GB/T 9754 "Color paints and varnishes. Determination of 20 °, 60 ° and 85 ° specular gloss of metallic paint films without metal pigments" is recommended to measure with different angles of gloss tester.
The 60 degree gloss LS192 is basically suitable for the measurement of all paint films, but if you need to test high gloss or near matt paint, it is recommended to use 20° or 85° gloss.
Linshang Technology's 60 degree gloss meter LS192, with a measuring range of 0-1000GU, is suitable for various coating gloss measurements. The instrument has a temperature compensation function, which can ensure the accuracy of the data in a large temperature difference environment.
For more product information, please refer to "60 degree Gloss Meter LS192 ".
- Factors affecting paint gloss and gloss meter2019-05-11
- Matte paint gloss meter2019-07-04
- Comparison of Linshang LS192 Portable Gloss Meter and BYK Gloss Meter2018-09-21
- Which Factors Affect the Gloss of Paint?2017-08-28
- The Principle of Glossmeter2017-08-14
- How to Use Gloss Meter to Measure Gloss ？2017-11-04