The Principle of Glossmeter
The Glossmeter (also gloss meter) is an instrument which is used to measure specular reflection gloss of a surface. Gloss is determined by projecting a beam of light at a fixed intensity and angle onto a surface and measuring the amount of reflected light at an equal but opposite angle.
LS192 Glossmeter widely used on various types of materials including paint coatings, decoration materials, building materials, plastic materials, ceramic products, stone products, bamboo products, leather products, film paper, printing ink, car maintenance, molding mold, metal coating and many other areas on the surface of the gloss measurement.
1.Be sure that the standard board is clean and the host is buckled into the base before we turn it on, so that the instrument can have a effective self-calibrate. Otherwise it will be in the measurement status directly.
2. The base removed from the host should be stored in a clean place, so as to the standard plate not to be polluted and damaged.
3. The instrument has a temperature compensation system, can be maintained for long periods without calibration. But it is better to calibrate once a week. If the ambient temperature changes significantly, It must be re-calibrated.
4. The test surface of the instrument should fit on the surface of the object to avoid the light outside.
5. If The ambient temperature changes significantly, be sure that the temperature of instrument is close to the ambient temperature, and confirm the lens of the instrument and the the standard plate in the base don’t have condensation, then re-boot and take measurements.
6. If there are multiple instruments, the instrument must be placed in the corresponding base according to the SN to calibrate.
7. Please put the instrument into the base and turn it off when not in use.
- Mobile phone cover light transmission meter2019-09-16
- The Indication Error of Thick Glass Light Transmittance Meter2019-09-12
- Paint Thickness Gauge Use Precautions2019-09-05
- UV Energy Meter for UV paint2019-08-27
- 60 Degree Gloss Meter for Measuring the Paint Surfaces Gloss2019-08-05
- Window Film Transmission Meter for Absorbing Film2019-07-24