How to Measure the Solar Film Thickness with Best Paint Thickness Gauge?
The solar film refers to thin film used to resist infrared rays and ultraviolet rays and the thickness is generally expressed by mil. The general solar film thickness is 1.5mil-3mil. If it is inferior, the thickness of the solar film may be less than 1mil and there will be a brittle feeling when touched. It is recommended to use the 2019 best paint thickness gauge when testing the thickness of the solar film. The instrument does not need to be calibrated, only needs zero adjustment and the unit of measurement can be switched between metric unit (μm) and the inch unit (mil) at will. Below we explain the method of detecting the solar film with Linshang LS220 best paint thickness gauge.
Method for detecting the solar film thickness:
First prepare the zero plate (iron-based zero plate or non-ferrous base plate), solar film and LS220 paint thickness gauge.
1.The detection of solar film is generally performed in English units (mil), so the instrument is set to the English unit display before testing.
2. After the setting is completed, the test can be started directly. If the customer is using the LS220 paint thickness gauge for the first time, it is recommended to perform a zero adjustment operation first in order to reduce the error during measurement. After the zero adjustment is successful, the thickness test of the solar film can be started.
3. When testing, it should be noted that the general solar film has two layers, one layer is a transparent rubber layer and the other layer is a solar film, so when testing, the transparent interlayer of the solar film needs to be torn and put the solar film on the zero plate to measure, the thickness of the solar film can be accurately measured.
- Mobile phone cover light transmission meter2019-09-16
- The Indication Error of Thick Glass Light Transmittance Meter2019-09-12
- Paint Thickness Gauge Use Precautions2019-09-05
- UV Energy Meter for UV paint2019-08-27
- 60 Degree Gloss Meter for Measuring the Paint Surfaces Gloss2019-08-05
- Window Film Transmission Meter for Absorbing Film2019-07-24