Factors affecting paint gloss and gloss meter
There are three main factors affecting the gloss of the paint surface, the roughness of the surface of the object and the surface of the paint, and the particles of the fine pigment. The LS191 paint gloss meter is required to detect gloss. This instrument also determines the uniformity of the paint surface.
The gloss of a paint refers to the image quality of the reflective object and the smoothness of the surface.
1. The roughness of the surface of the coated material affects the gloss of the paint. The smaller the surface roughness of the coated material, the better the gloss after applying the paint.
2. The roughness of the paint surface will affect the gloss. After the paint is applied to the surface of the object, it is solidified into a film by a volatile solvent. If the volatilization speed of each component solvent is different during the volatilization process, the roughness of the paint surface may be greater and the gloss may be poor; otherwise, if the components are the solvent is almost volatilized, and the surface roughness of the paint is small and the gloss is good.
3. The particle size of the fine material, the particle size of the pigment, the particle size, and the particle size distribution are all factors that affect the gloss of the paint.
Measuring the gloss of the paint requires the LS191 paint gloss meter. This instrument has a smart statistics function that calculates the standard deviation of the data based on our saved data. We can judge the uniformity of the paint according to the standard deviation. The smaller the standard deviation, the better the uniformity of the paint.
Paint gloss meter operation method:
1. Press the power button to turn on the machine, the instrument automatically judges whether the standard value is qualified, and the calibration can be directly measured.
2. After the boot is completed, the screen displays the last measurement data, long press the power button to clear the data.
3. Remove the standard plate, put the paint gloss meter on the paint surface, the data will be released, press the power button to save the data.
4. The instrument calculates according to the data we save, and compares the standard deviation to judge the paint uniformity. The smaller the mean square error, the better the paint uniformity.
- 60 Degree Gloss Meter for Measuring the Paint Surfaces Gloss2019-08-05
- Matte paint gloss meter2019-07-04
- Comparison of Linshang LS192 Portable Gloss Meter and BYK Gloss Meter2018-09-21
- Which Factors Affect the Gloss of Paint?2017-08-28
- The Principle of Glossmeter2017-08-14
- How to Use Gloss Meter to Measure Gloss ？2017-11-04